View Single Post
Old 01-13-2010, 11:31 PM   #1
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
The neatest thing I saw at CES: PVI's flexible E-ink screen

I decided to post this story separate from the one on Pocketbook. I think it's worth it.

Pocketbook had a prototype 9.7" ebook reader with the new flexible screen in its booth at CES. You might not be able to see it in the photos, but when I held it in my hands I could see the screen wasn't flat. There was a slight bulge behind the screen from one of the circuit boards.

I asked, and I was told that there will be 2 models. The basic model (PB901) is projected to cost around $450 and be available in September. The PB902 will have Wifi and a touchscreen, and will be available later.

BTW, this isn't the first mention of the Pocketbook 901. There was a couple pictures posted in MobileRead's Deutsches Forum. But I do believe these are the first shots in the wild.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	100_0555.JPG
Views:	1159
Size:	1.37 MB
ID:	43352   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_0556.JPG
Views:	1195
Size:	1.33 MB
ID:	43353   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_0562.JPG
Views:	1139
Size:	1.39 MB
ID:	43354   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_0563.JPG
Views:	1008
Size:	1.46 MB
ID:	43355  

Last edited by Nate the great; 01-13-2010 at 11:54 PM.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote