View Single Post
Old 12-02-2012, 12:58 PM   #19
Cdesja5
Wizard
Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lots and lots of electronic gadgets...
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeccaPrice View Post
In a little bit, my family and I will be traveling. Most hotels in the US charge $9.99 per day per device for connectivity - with four of us with laptops, that gets expensive really fast.

is there a pre-paid mobile gizmo that we could get that would allow the four of us to connect rather than connecting through the hotel? I'd only need it for about a week.

we all have Android smart phones, but I understand that connecting through a smartphone app would drain the phone battery incredibly. Could we plug in the phone and use the mobile wifi app that way? if so, any particular recommendations for specific apps?

Thanks.
I'm assuming you normally live in Canada?
I use Roam Mobility when I travel to the US several times a year. You buy your SIM card from them before leaving Canada, buy your unlimited talk/text US and Canada plan ($3 per day) and your data (largest plan, 5 gb is $99.95), pop the SIM into an unlocked Android phone and you can use your phone as a hotspot PLUS avoid roaming and long distance charges. We were 3 women using it for a week on my last trip and and it's very affordable. The SIM doesn't expire as long as you use it at least 1 day a year. If everyone uses the "communal" phone to call and connect and share the cost, it's downright cheap. And yes, you can use the phone while it's powering up, both for call/texting and data.
http://www.roammobility.com

Ps: they also offer a hotspot device for $129.95 which allows you to tether up to 5 devices simultaneously if you choose to go that route. No contracts for anything either. 4G speeds for data in many areas.
www.roammobility.com/liberty-hotspot

Last edited by Cdesja5; 12-02-2012 at 01:18 PM.
Cdesja5 is offline   Reply With Quote