Thread: Font embedding
View Single Post
Old 03-27-2012, 04:23 AM   #20
Perkin
Guru
Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.

Device: Sony PRS-300, Kobo Aura HD, iPad (Marvin)
I just had one niggling problem with an embedded font, showed fine in Sigil, calibre, ADE etc. but didn't show on reader.

The problem was an incorrect font-face and stylesheet error, I had an Italicised font, but in font-face definition had 'font-style: normal;' yet in style-definition had 'font-style: italic;'.

This as I said showed up properly in the desktop software, but not on the readers.

When I realised the error and adjusted the font-face definition to 'font-style: italic;' to match the style (and what type the embedding font actually was) then it also showed up in the reader as well.
Perkin is offline   Reply With Quote