View Single Post
Old 09-05-2010, 09:36 PM   #1
a12rodgers
a12rodgers began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Unable to e-mail or transfer items to Kindle 3

Just got a Kindle 3 and just installed the newest version of Calibre (0.7.17?)

Anyway, I'm able to use Calibre to create and to convert documents. I can view them. They look great. No problem.

However, I cannot seem to get either major transfer method to work:

1. I'm unable to send any of the documents to my Kindle e-mail account. (I've confirmed that my Gmail settings are correct and tested. And I've sent a PDF to my Kindle.com address and had that show up as well, so the e-mail address isn't the problem.) Every document I try to send from Calibre to the Kindle account generates this error in Calibre:
'NoneType' object has no attribute 'InProgress'

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\device.py", line 68, in run
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\device.py", line 339, in _upload_books
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\apple\driver.py", line 933, in upload_books
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\apple\driver.py", line 1149, in _add_new_copy
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\apple\driver.py", line 1090, in _add_library_book
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'InProgress'
2. When the Kindle is directly attached to my computer, I'm unable to transfer items there directly using the Send to Device option.

Note: I am able to copy them over manually to the Kindle's documents directory. So I know Calibre's documents are fine, as is the Kindle's connection to my computer, etc.

Please help! This seems like a terrific program, but only if I can get it working with my reader!
a12rodgers is offline   Reply With Quote