View Single Post
Old 10-12-2009, 11:01 PM   #5
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer
Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by acprinter View Post
I am a fine-art photographer, it is necessary to know the artists who came before you and learn from them, but I should never stand upon there shoulders when making my own images.
Would that mean that, if another photographer took pictures in Death Valley, you could not go there afterward and take your own pictures? Of course not. The key is to approach the subject in your own way, and not to ape your predecessors. Your pictures can still be yours, regardless of whether the subject has been explored before.

And so it is with authors' creations. They can be done, and given justice, by other than their creators. Many subjects, creations and characters have been re-explored by later creators, and they have not all suffered from the experience, especially in the theatre, motion picture and television arenas, but in literature as well.

In that light, I'd simply suggest you refrain from comment until after you've seen Benedictus' Winnie the Pooh or Colfer's "Hitchhiker's Guide," and not make a knee-jerk decision against it before it is done.
Steven Lyle Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote