View Single Post
Old 09-14-2013, 07:16 PM   #189
bearymore
Zealot
bearymore can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'bearymore can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'bearymore can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'bearymore can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'bearymore can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'bearymore can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'bearymore can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'bearymore can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'bearymore can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'bearymore can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'bearymore can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'

Device: Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by tompe View Post
The store does not have a license to sell a copy of the book in the same way as a torrent uploader does not have a license to distribute a copy of the book to you. You as a customer or downloader know that in both cases. I can really not see any significant difference here.
Really? If I buy a gray market camera, the manufacturer may not honor the warranty, but won't report me for receiving stolen goods. If I buy a camera off the back of a truck, however, I'll go to jail. Are you implying that the same distinction should not apply for ebooks?

If you ask me laws such as the DMCA are trying to criminalize behavior which is perfectly legal in any other realm.
bearymore is offline   Reply With Quote