View Single Post
Old 03-15-2009, 03:06 PM   #1
Gideon
Wearer of Pants
Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Amazon Kindle DX / iPhone
Actually found "Text to Speech" Useful!

I played with "text to speech" when I first got my Kindle, and found it rotten enough to ignore. But today I tried something different.

I plugged it into my car stereo like I would my ipod. And maybe it was just the sound of driving, wind, etc... but it wasn't terrible. I mean, don't get me wrong, it wasn't as good as a real audiobook but since I'd never buy an audiobook of a book I already owned this works out rather well enough.

I've got an 8 hour drive to Albuquerque next week, and plan on listening to it most the way! (Hopefully it can be powered by my car USB adapter, if not I have a USB battery charger).
Gideon is offline   Reply With Quote