View Single Post
Old 07-16-2013, 10:24 PM   #609
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer
pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro, iPad mini, Kobo Aura, Amazon paperwhite, Sony PRS-T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by orlok View Post
I personally hate it. The first time it happened to me (a James Patterson audiobook, I think), I jumped out of my skin, and I thought it was coming from an external source. It does nothing to enhance the experience, and in fact seriously detracts from it, IMO. The only time I don't mind it too much is when it marks the end of a chapter or section, but even then is superfluous.
For me it really depends. I've listened to some audiobooks that used music (LOTR, some Tamara Pierce) where I thought the music added to the experience. Others not so much.
pwalker8 is offline   Reply With Quote