View Single Post
Old 07-26-2009, 06:43 AM   #7
RCR
Addict
RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 2 x Sony 505, iPad, Samsung 7 Tablet, ASUS Transformer, Nexus 7
Hi ccpraveen ---

I tried that sample pdf on my Sony 505. With "Small Font" selected, whole pages display on the screen, but way too small to view. On "Medium" the text is quite readable.

But... be aware that the Sony rearranges stuff. Here's pictures of that page 13 from the book. It spreads over two screens. The shaded box that housed some of the text disappears and there are breaks in the text at odd locations.

I also photographed page 18. You can see how the bullet points are mucked up a bit. Notice also that the little icons Dummies Guides use, have disappeared completely. So... the pdf does display but it is a bit mucked up. (The blurriness is all my fault - the text is actually crispy clear).

There were no illustrations, such as charts, in the sample. These might display badly or disappear completely on the Sony. I had this problem with a Lonely Planets Guide in pdf. There's a thread about that somewhere.

Edit: I've had time to experiment with another Dummies Guide in pdf now. When the font is set to "Small" the illustrations show as they should. But of course everything is too small to read. When the font is set to "Medium", illustrations disappear.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	sony03 adjusted.jpg
Views:	282
Size:	188.9 KB
ID:	32965   Click image for larger version

Name:	sony06 adjusted1.jpg
Views:	294
Size:	219.3 KB
ID:	32966   Click image for larger version

Name:	sony010 adjusted.jpg
Views:	283
Size:	239.7 KB
ID:	32967  

Last edited by RCR; 07-26-2009 at 07:53 AM. Reason: additional thoughts.
RCR is offline   Reply With Quote