View Single Post
Old 03-09-2010, 08:56 PM   #69
ondabeach
Groupie
ondabeach doesn't litterondabeach doesn't litter

Device: HTC touch Diamond, Ipaq 3115
If you're using a MID to surf the net then check this out!

I just got my hands on a Jointech JE 100 MID/eBook Reader (mobile internet device). Basically a MID is any hand-held device that you can use to surf the net. For example an iPad is a MID and so is an iPhone, as well as hundreds of other devices out there, including a lot of devices being sold as eBook Readers.

If you've ever used a MID, then you'll have discovered that not many sites can adapt themselves to the small screen format, meaning you have to scroll all over the place to see everything which is really annoying.

I am in the process of adapting ZuluExpress to resize itself to suit any screen size, so if you have a MID then check out the site and let me know if it is displaying correctly on your device (and if not, what device you have).

I think this is really important as hand-held devices are so much more convenient than laptops and are taking over as the 'portable device' of choice.

So far I have adapted the home page and the library pages and am working feverishly on the others.

Be aware that the library navigation is working in IE but is a bot dodgy in FireFox and Chrome. I am working on fixing that now I'm happy with the layout.

Cheers,

Steve.
ondabeach is offline   Reply With Quote