View Single Post
Old 01-13-2013, 09:25 AM   #87
jbjb
Somewhat clueless
jbjb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbjb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbjb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbjb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbjb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbjb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbjb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbjb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbjb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbjb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbjb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPhone 6 Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
Yes so very true. As an Electrical Engineer and Amateur and Commercial licensee for over 40 years I'm appalled at all the ignorant posts and intentionally misleading krap that gets air time.
And as an electronic engineer (admittedly only for 30 years) who has designed avionics systems (military and civilian) and consumer electronics I'm similarly disturbed by the ignorance displayed.

As a qualified engineer, if you believe that free-for-all use of consumer electronics on an aircraft is safe, I assume you'll be able to provide technical arguments and references to tests which have shown it to be safe.

As I've said before - I suspect that it can be made safe, and at some point in the not too distant future enough work will have been done to allow more freedom. Until that work is done, however, I've spent far too much time in EM test chambers to just accept that it's safe because Joe Public feels like it should be.

In short - I'm willing to be convinced, but convincing me will require a technical argument and evidence of testing, rather than a series of unsubstantiated assertions with no reasoning to back them up.

Convince me! What is your reasoning, and where is your evidence!

/JB
jbjb is offline   Reply With Quote