View Single Post
Old 03-17-2011, 03:05 PM   #5
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
Quote:
Originally Posted by makeitsimple View Post

I am sorry but bill gates can rest content that i will not overtake him with my computer prowess but this appears awfully long winded for what i want, calibre does a fine job of compiling ebooks,reformatting them,finding covers etc, and adding them to your reader. BUT since i have the ebooks in a list i am sure something like excel could organise them in one click ?
thank you very much.
I am afraid even Excel could not help you here . The problem is that the field that you are sorting on (author_sort) when you click the authors column header contains incorrect data, and that is what the sort is occurring on.

The tweaks help with this as they define the relationship between what is shown in the display (author) and the underlying sort (author_sort) fields.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote