View Single Post
Old 02-19-2010, 09:59 AM   #9
stustaff
Wizard
stustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it is

Device: sony reader PRS505 and 600
Quote:
Originally Posted by amjbrown View Post
I have to agree. I am still paying to upgrade my old iTunes music store purchases to the DRM free (high quality too) ones. I just don't want to go back there!

Apple has a good track record of resisting DRM. Jobs was denouncing it long before they ditched it, but the record companies took some persuading, and it was of course it was Amazon who broke the mould here. Who knows how long it will be before publishers make the leap of faith?

As things stand, I expect to buy an iPad. I may well use the Kindle app if it exists - if it doesn't iPads will have to get a lot cheaper and the iBook store (when it launches in the UK) will have to be very comprehensive before I switch. I am not that hung up about DRM - I am very hung up about not being able to share books within our household.

amjb
but if you get a book with Kindle drm you cant share anymore than you could with an ipad so why use the kindle app?
stustaff is offline   Reply With Quote