View Single Post
Old 12-06-2011, 10:17 AM   #4
Jessica Lares
Wizard
Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPod Touch (5th gen)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjones6416 View Post
And of course I bought this a couple of days ago. :sigh:
I get what you mean. I did the same with Sketchbook Mobile.

My personal opinion is that I try not to wait out on the paid apps to become free. Because most of the time when it happens, it's because the developer will stop supporting it shortly. You get about two months worth of use, then it stops working, the developer canceled their developer account, and so on. Most of the apps I used in 2007 are gone now.

And then I just don't want to frustrate myself with the prices going up and down with the sales. If I were a developer, I would rather people pirate my app instead of waiting for the price to go down, because at the end of the day you're just wasting my time. You're not benefiting me because I'm losing about a buck in revenue. People just want to pirate something, but in the official way as to not get sued for it.

All my Autodesk stuff is free because I'm a student, so I owe them the little money for their mobile apps. That's the way I see it anyway.

$5 is not a lot of money either. Most of the apps I buy are all $5-10 actually. Sadly all on iOS, but I'll probably do the same on Android too once the Amazon store gets bigger.
Jessica Lares is offline   Reply With Quote