View Single Post
Old 12-27-2012, 10:14 AM   #131
wizwor
Wizard
wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle, fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by tarzanphan60 View Post
I know I sit there and drool at the reveals during press conferences (Amazon's came to mind) - but then I got the tablet in my hands and realized I had ads in my hands, nothing really awesome except for the great sound improvements on the Kindle Fire HD.
We didn't upgrade our Fire's this year. I disagree that there is nothing compelling in the HD, but I simply feel that last year's fire is still very good. Bezos said in an interview that he did not want people to buy a Fire and then feel like it was obsolete...

Quote:
We don’t need you to be on the upgrade treadmill. If we made our money when people bought the device, we’d be rolling out programs left and right to try to get you to upgrade. In fact, we’re happy that people are still using Kindle Ones that are five years old. They’re still reading on them, and every time they buy a book, that’s good for us. That’s alignment.

If we made a lot of money when we sell the device — if we allowed ourselves to make a lot of money when we sell the device, we’d be tempted to use that Kindle bookstore to make sure you only buy our devices instead of working so hard as our teams do on interoperability.
wizwor is offline   Reply With Quote