View Single Post
Old 09-12-2012, 02:07 PM   #8
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdanniel View Post
Okay....let's see if I can get more specific.

I want a certain group of people to view the e-book, but not just anyone.

So...I am assuming that eliminates Dropbox and Google Cloud. Am I correct?

........ snip ........
So, let's do this: Let me get more specific.

Let's say I put the MOBI file somewhere on my web site. I give people the URL for it.

What's next? How does that MOBI file get loaded into Kindle?

What about the Kindle Store? Is there anything along the lines of Google Cloud or Dropbox, specifically for Kindle, where I can upload my MOBI file, and people can access it?

Hopefully I've been more specific and have narrowed things down a bit.
He is actually answering your question, but his limited answer is not on his lack of understanding your question its the lacking of the Kindle app for Android. The app is not an Android friendly app, it only tries to do the bare bone minimum.

Most apps that work properly with Android you could just download an app from the web, dropbox, Google Drive, etc... and a menu would pop up asking if you wish to open a file via App (xyz). The Kindle app does not support this feature so the only way to view apps in the Kindle app is to place them in the /sdcard/kindle directory or downloading them from the Kindle store(which places the file in the /sdcard/kindle) directory. Which essentially is the same process of side-loading eBooks.

So you can use your web(URL), Dropbox, Google Drive and just tell whoever is going to look at the file to place the mobi file in the /sdcard/kindle directory then launch the Kindle app and you should see the eBook.

=X=

Last edited by =X=; 09-12-2012 at 02:12 PM.
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote