Thread: metadata issues
View Single Post
Old 09-17-2010, 11:35 AM   #1
kwren
kwren began at the beginning.

Device: sony prs-505
metadata issues

hi! i seem to have hit a wall that i cannot manage to climb on my own so i am asking for help here i've been looking for a fix for the past few days but can't seem to figure this one out.

i've been using calibre for ages now, and love it so very much, but i have been running into some metadata issues with the last few versions.

i use a sony 505 and i want the file names to show up as i label them. just as i write it. no metadata. they show up fine in calibre. they show up fine everywhere except on my reader and i can't seem to figure out how to fix it this time.

i think the problem first showed up when the author_sort tweaks were added. i got rid of the tweaks for and deselected everything that i could find that might be causing the problem (i figured out how to fix things with the faq thread in this forum) and my file names went back to looking just as i wanted them to on the sony, but after the most recent update things are screwy again and i have books showing up with all sorts of crazy titles on the reader.

i really really don't want to individually edit the metadata for each file since there are 70+ titles that are showing up wrong. i just want it to read the filename from the actual filename, and i thought i had it set to do so but apparently not.

i must be missing something somewhere but i am not sure what it is.

help!
kwren is offline   Reply With Quote