View Single Post
Old 11-07-2009, 11:17 AM   #13
DrMoze
Booknut
DrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with others

Device: Sony Reader 500/505/300/350, Nook Glowlight Plus (6")
Quote:
Originally Posted by brecklundin View Post
Still driving that '67 Ford Falcon? Or that "Oldsmobuick" '68 Delmot?
No, rolling in the '68 Valiant. But seriously, I have a blackberry for net access like looking things up on wikipedia, reading short blog entries, etc. And it has to be charged pretty much every day. OTOH, the Reader sits around like a regular pbook, ready to read instantly, seems to never need charging, and lets me get lost in turning page after page without dealing with 'features' and excessive 'interfaces.'

I have as many gadgets/toys as the next person, but I honesty think some of them actually suffer from 'feature bloat' and ebook devices is right near the top of that list. 99% of my Reader time is spent turning pages and reading text on a comfortable display--perfect. The other <1% is spent accessing the menu to select a new book to read. What else doyou need an ebook device for?I don't see why people want web access to read short entries on a slow-to-refresh grayscale display. I'm glad Sony still makes a long-lived basic reading device.(Although it is also bringing out more feature-laden battery-hogging versions, alas.)

Last edited by DrMoze; 11-07-2009 at 11:22 AM.
DrMoze is offline   Reply With Quote