View Single Post
Old 11-01-2009, 01:26 PM   #33
kenmark
Addict
kenmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kenmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kenmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kenmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kenmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kenmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kenmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kenmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kenmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kenmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kenmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikelv View Post
...The main reason why I thought it would be a good idea to create the ePub-reader as an Firefox addon is, that an ePub-file is basically an archive of HTML-files. So why not use a program which is specialized in displaying HTML-files and many people have already installed? The great benefit is, that in that way you don't have to bother with rendering and display of the HTML-files because Firefox does this for you. So the limit of what is possible to display is set by Firefox and not by a special ePub-software. And I think Firefox is always at the cutting edge ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Jordan View Post
... The text opened a bit on the small side for my preferences, but using Firefox’s Zoom function increased the font size comfortably...
Firefox's Zoom function works great with this add-on.

Just Ctrl + + + or Ctrl - - - to get the perfect size; rendering 'on the fly' and reflowing as expected. I can see what you meant now by letting the browser do what it was made to do.

Ken.