View Single Post
Old 07-27-2013, 09:00 PM   #6
charmian
Addict
charmian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charmian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charmian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charmian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charmian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charmian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charmian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charmian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charmian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charmian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charmian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle PW2
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=218114

BOGO (buy one, get one free sale on Nook ebooks), but.... the catch is you have to go a physical store to get the deal?! You have to choose the books at the web page, go to a store, give the cashier your email address, and then you will receive the codes for the book, to be redeemed online. What is even the point of this? Why don't they give them a physical book or a scone? At least in then going to the store would make sense. This is an example of how the needs of B&N's various divisions are in conflict.

Anyway, in this article, the author says "A deal between these companies is the only hope I see for Barnes & Noble's future." So if B&N doesn't make a deal with Microsoft (which is very busy dealing with a restructuring) they're doomed? I don't really see how, even if B&N was bought out by Microsoft, this would help anyone but the investors. B&N might receive a temporary shot of cash, but it wouldn't resolve their main problem, and why would MS want Nook anyway? I never understood that.
charmian is offline   Reply With Quote