View Single Post
Old 01-24-2013, 11:39 AM   #17
wizwor
Wizard
wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle, fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by fjtorres View Post
ZDNET poses an interesting question: Has Apple redfeined the tablet as an 8in device?
http://www.zdnet.com/has-apple-redef...79/?s_cid=e539

I'm thinking they might have. Purely by accident.
The evidence isn't the iPad mini by itself but the Mini within the context of the evolution of the tablet market in the second half of 2012.

I'm thinking the Galaxy Note 8 bears watching.
Hard to believe anyone would try to credit Apple for the current state of the table market. It's kind of like giving Apple credit for establishing Intel as a platform for personal computing. Jobs himself dismissed the midsize tablets. Apple, Inc. dragged its feet as long as possible. The mini was a desperate attempt to slow the defections.

There's no magic in 8" -- it won't fit in my pocket and isn't good for reading magazines. It's just another size. Some will love it. Some will not.
wizwor is offline   Reply With Quote