View Single Post
Old 05-26-2012, 02:54 PM   #7
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxaris View Post
Font-embedding on the Sony's can be done in two ways. One way is embedding the font in the ePUB and that will, if done correctly, work on almost all readers. The other method is by placing fonts on the reader in a specified directory and make a change in the stylesheet pointing to those fonts. These ePUB's will only work on that reader without issues.
Actually, ADE is very forgiving. So if you have an ePub that has @font code pointing to the font files sitting on a Sony Reader, ADE (on a different reader) will still work. It's just that you'll get whatever the default font is. I'm not sure (depending how the code is setup) if other readers that allow font changing will work to change the font. I know if you use a font-family: serif then it will work on other readers to change fonts. But if you use say font-family: Charis, then even if the @font points to non-existent fonts I can't say if changing the fonts via the reader will work.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote