View Single Post
Old 10-01-2010, 07:16 AM   #1
MrPLD
Author's pet-geek
MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 Wifi, Onyx Boox M96
Awful, just AWFUL formatting in ebooks

We've just downloaded our first eBook (well, second really) and I'm stunned at how rottenly awful the formatting is and I have a very strong suspicion that it won't be the last one.

It looks like in the conversion to mobi format the person forced hard breaks between sentences rather than leaving it to be just on paragraphs.

Do people even check the output of their conversions on Calibre's e-viewer or such?

I was wondering why we were being complimented on our eBook's formatting and now it's starting to become clear to me.

Is this sort of thing systemic throughout eBooks at the moment?

Paul.

(btw, the book was from Smashwords - I'll write a message to them later to let them know).
MrPLD is offline   Reply With Quote