View Single Post
Old 03-31-2010, 11:52 PM   #19
bthoven
Evangelist
bthoven will become famous soon enoughbthoven will become famous soon enoughbthoven will become famous soon enoughbthoven will become famous soon enoughbthoven will become famous soon enoughbthoven will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by TGS View Post
Have you tried AnyBizSoft PDF to Word converter. It says it supports Thai and presumably once it's in Word you could tidy it up (assuming Word supports Thai) - and it's free! You can check it out here

EDIT: Just tried it with a vectored PDF and what it gives you is an image of each page in Word, so whilst you cannot edit the text you can resize the image - which might give you what you want.
Thanks for your suggestion, OCR for Thai language has progressed no where near acceptable; so I would totally ignore this technology.

Even converting a vectored pdf into Word for Thai text, the result is still not acceptable, too many errors to correct.

If I have a vectored PDF which page size is too big with too much text, I use sopdf to trim the margins, and if necessary, to split each page into two, and view it in landscape mode. I can live with this approach.
bthoven is offline   Reply With Quote