View Single Post
Old 12-30-2008, 04:30 PM   #29
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrow View Post
Gatiss was good in the comedy series 'League of Gentlemen' - but he's all over the BBC like a rash now.
He's spreading himself too thin, it's quality not quantity we want. He could do with a sabbatical.

He's also about to be the new voice of the Man in Black - introducing chilling tales on the radio. He's not in the least spooky!!

His radio comedy 'Nebulous' was another disappointment.

Maybe Sherlock will be a return to form - but the mere fact he's rehashing existing characters doesn't bode well. I suspect we'll see more pot boiling.
ah, i understand your aversion better now. that does put a different light on it. one of the main reasons i thought jekyll was so brilliant was the performance by Nesbitt, which was amazing. an adaptation like that, particularly if you lose the inevitable appeal of the period setting, relies on the charisma of the leads, and your description does sounds discouraging... (i'll still watch it though, just in case. maybe we'll get lucky.)
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote