Thread: GPL violation?
View Single Post
Old 04-22-2008, 02:26 AM   #128
Ortep
Fanatic
Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by drwowe View Post
An analogy could be helpful here.

The law doesn't make any distinction between "good faith" or the fact that you are $100,000 in debt because you bought these DVDs.

The law is quite clear. The only legal recourse you have is to stop selling them immediately, and file a lawsuit against your distributor for damages caused by their illegal actions.
Who's law? We have several different countries on this earth, and they all have different law's

In my country the law is that when I buy a bike that normaly costs around 300 Euro for 25 Euro from a guy on the street I could have known it was stolen. I'll be punishable by law and I have to return the bike to the owner.

But if I buy the same stolen bike from a guy in a shop for 'the very very special discounted price' of 200 Euro I acted in good faith and I can keep the bike. It does not matter if the shop owner is the thief or tha he bought the bike from the original thief. The owner may buy the bike from me for 200 Euro and he can sue the thief.

Our law is also quite clear, there is a distinction between knowing you are wrong and acting in good faith

Last edited by Ortep; 04-22-2008 at 02:31 AM.
Ortep is offline   Reply With Quote