View Single Post
Old 06-16-2011, 12:30 PM   #9747
maianhvk
whimsical
maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: current: PPW 4. brick: K3 & Voyage.
I just finished Red Riding Hood, the book based on the movie with the same name. The movie is out this year, and I thought an adaption of our original children's tale "Red Riding Hood" was interesting, so I started reading this book.

Spoiler:
I enjoyed it at the beginning when small Valerie came out to the goat's place and saw the Wolf. From that on, reading was just for the sake of hoping things would get more exciting. Especially after the older sister died, I don't even remember her name, things got unbearable.

I couldn't understand why the authors lingered that much on such a nonsense detail of the death by one supporting character? Valerie's family and village agonized for what looked like a century for me. Pages after pages the authors went on describing how the living people missed that dead one. Sure losing someone you loved was overwhelming, that I knew, but by inserting "and Valerie thought of her poor sister who has that smile she loved" everywhere since her death, the authors were getting on my nerves. By talking so much about agony, they gave me the impression that what Valerie felt about her sister was fake. I was saying out loud, "PLEASE let's talk about other stuffs like the wolf and that mysterious Peter, whatever! STOP that nonsense!"

And there's something else. At the end of the book, they said something like, "if you want to know how this (crap) ends, go watch the movie". Now THAT caught me off guard. It's irritating, isn't it, when you pay for the book and in the end, figure out that you have to pay for the movie too if you wanna know the ending??

It's not neccessary to mention the fact that when it asked me to rate the book after finishing it, I gave it 1 star without second thought.

I hope the movie isn't as bad as this book.
maianhvk is offline   Reply With Quote