Thread: DR800 mounting to Ubuntu
View Single Post
Old 01-13-2011, 11:38 AM   #4
boxcorner
»(°±°)«
boxcorner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boxcorner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boxcorner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boxcorner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boxcorner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boxcorner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boxcorner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boxcorner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boxcorner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boxcorner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boxcorner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: divisive reader
Quote:
Originally Posted by nurse_horrible View Post
Thanks for your detailed response. Is there a way to connect the DR800 other than with the USB cable? When doing so yesterday the light on the DR turned orange, but still allowed me to navigate the file structure on the DR (not on the netbook) and was not listed in the media folder in the netbook as have other USB-connected peripherals.

However, I reconnected this morning to look for the Disk Utility, and it connected. The only difference between yesterday and today is connecting it at school versus home, not that that should make any difference.

Thanks again!
I know next to nothing about the iRex DR-800 and even less about your netbook! This review of the DR-800 ...
... mentions 3G. Assuming your reader is WiFi enabled, then I guess you might be able to configure your netbook to communicate with your reader wirelessly. What make and model is your netbook?

Addendum
If you have managed to get your reader and netbook connected wirelessly, then presumably you're now able to transfer files.

Your Karma level is low, so I'm sending you a top-up.

Last edited by boxcorner; 01-13-2011 at 12:04 PM.
boxcorner is offline   Reply With Quote