View Single Post
Old 11-16-2010, 12:39 PM   #68
MysticMoon
MysticMoon doesn't litterMysticMoon doesn't litter

Device: blackberry storm 2
I am also feeling a lack of enthusiasm for ebooks. I probably have more than 300 ebooks, but I don't think I have bought more than 1 or 2 in the past 7 months. This is mostly because of the Agency 5, but also because of the state of limbo B&N have put Fictionwise in.

I used to follow a blog by one of my favorite authors. She mostly blogged about the process of writing, which I found fascinating. However, when I expressed my frustration at no longer being able to buy her books from Fictionwise, I was treated with terrible disdain (I was not the only one. Several others also complained. She basically called us all "crybabies"). After that, and reading her rants about how Amazon was trying to bully the poor publishers, I left in disgust.

After all that, I too am having second thoughts about sticking with ebooks.

By the way, I haven't been able to find any hard numbers about how agency pricing has affected the ebook market overall. Is it affecting sales? Are most people still buying? Are new readers oblivious to what came before and thinking this is all normal? Is my search-fu lacking?
MysticMoon is offline   Reply With Quote