Thread: iOS 8 is live
View Single Post
Old 09-21-2014, 08:16 PM   #67
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast
Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3; Kobo Aura One; iPad Mini 5
I have now updated an iPad4, iPad Mini Retina and iPhone 5s. No issues with Wi-if or battery usage. I haven't found any broken apps yet. I'm pretty happy. It's really an uneventful update for me. Many of the key features aren't enabled yet and will be coming in later updates. Also most developers haven't released updates to take advantage of the new features. For example only a handful of apps have widgets. Unless you knew what to look for you'd think my devices were still on iOS 7.

The only problem I've had is I can't get handoffs to work consistently. Seems to be a problem many people are having. Only once have I seen the little icon in the lower corner on the lock screen for a Safari page. Also can't get call or text continuity to work.

Here's a new gesture that I found. Pinch in or out to open and close the multi-tab & cloud view that matches the far upper-right hand icon. Sort of similar to swiping up/down on a Mac touchpad while in Safari.
Bookworm_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote