View Single Post
Old 12-22-2012, 02:42 PM   #22640
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreams View Post
What do you put in your chorizo? My ex never knew what was in chorizo until a friend read the package he found in my refrigerator. That was the end of chorizo in the house. They threw it out and wanted to see the ingredients of anything I cooked from then on.
Chorizo from Mexico is very different from Basque chorizo. (And there is no ONE way to do either -- keep in mind that chorizo is simply Spanish for "sausage".

My Mexican style chorizo is based on a recipe from Diana Kennedy. It includes 4 different chiles, some Mexican oregano, clove, and a bit of cumin. The net effect is a complex chili flavour with only a little heat. (I deliberately choose chilis that don't have much heat -- I'd rather add heat for recipes that need it. )

The Basque relies on smoked Spanish paprika for its primary flavour component. I've done it both as a fresh and a smoked sausage, and generally prefer the smoked for just "eating", but the fresh for using in recipes. The original of that recipe came for "Chorizos in an Iron Skillet", a great book that is more memoir than cookbook.

Quote:
Tamales yum. We haven't made them for years. We just do enchiladas for Christmas Eve now. How do you make your Tamales?

*decaf sumatra in my cup*
This year we're doing two version -- a vegetarian tamale with roasted Poblano and Anaheim chillies plus corn and cheese (using Feta because it's the closest substitute for the Mexican cheese that should go in them.) And a basic pork tamale, using pork shoulder slow cooked in salsa verde.

In my cup: Fresh squeezed OJ, and Peet's Holiday Blend coffee.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote