View Single Post
Old 02-15-2010, 10:17 PM   #57
allovertheglobe
Grumpy Old Man
allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Kobo, Nook Classic,Color,ST/Glow, iRex DR1000, Sony 505, REB1100&1200
Small Update

I'm back after quite some absence, and have finally updated the top post with the 1.7.1 update, checked all the links and added one for the i-to-i blog.

Wow, after all this time... nothing. No official epub support, no support for most of the features of the Wacom tablet, no support for ANY compressed file format (Recent reminder: turning copying back less than 100 image folders into a 20,000 file copy ordeal... Grrr)

iRex has definitely completely dropped the ball on the most expensive current eReader out there (and the only that has gotten more expensive since I bought mine) And looks like history is repeating itself with the DR800 (and it's not like iliad users hadn't brought this up before the DR1000 launch) Delays, missing features from the get-go (to be added later... just don't hold your breath), bugs etc.

Thanks to the community at least we have some epub support, and a couple of other additions (I've given up on Interactive Fiction) Kudos guys, especially considering how small this community is compared to the Android devs (nook), Kindle community, and what is going to an explosion of extra apps for the iPad, critics notwithstanding.

As I keep repeating (maybe to console myself ) at least it's a nice big screen!
allovertheglobe is offline   Reply With Quote