View Single Post
Old 04-06-2009, 11:17 PM   #8
Douglas Rhodes
Connoisseur
Douglas Rhodes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Douglas Rhodes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Douglas Rhodes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Douglas Rhodes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Douglas Rhodes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Douglas Rhodes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Douglas Rhodes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Douglas Rhodes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Douglas Rhodes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Douglas Rhodes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Douglas Rhodes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Blackberry Storm, laptop
Adverbs are good for speech but not so good for writing. That's why they're in our language, they abbreviate for us. If I want to tell you something, but I'm not trying to tell a grand story, my speech will most likely be littered with adverbs. In writing, however, they tend to take out the action that the writer needs to show. With good writing, the reader intuits what is happening naturally, with adverb heavy writing, he has it shoved down his throat--brutally.
Douglas Rhodes is offline   Reply With Quote