View Single Post
Old 06-12-2013, 11:37 AM   #395
worktolive
Guru
worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue2u View Post
worktolive, I was tempted by Painted Faces last time it was on sale and I passed, wasn't sure if the subject matter would be for me but I'll grab it this time based on your recommend, thanks!
I did the same, I had heard about it but passed it up because it sounded rather odd, but then read some good reviews and bought it when it was on sale.

I like unusual, damaged heroes, and Nick is very sweet and very damaged. Freda, the heroine is rather snarky though, and it took me awhile to warm up to her. It definitely has a British feel which is another thing that I really like. I find that British romance authors are far more willing to break the unwritten "rules" that tend to make American romances all sound the same after awhile. It's definitely worth giving it a try at this price.
worktolive is offline   Reply With Quote