View Single Post
Old 03-21-2013, 09:53 PM   #13
NoName
Zealot
NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0, HTC Evo LTE
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsnillo View Post
I have purchased an OTG cable, and although ES Explorer shows several USB ports, they all appear empty. Do I need to root the tablet and/or install a driver?
I have the Galaxy 2 7.0 - not rooted. When I plug in the OTG it automatically opens My Files (the explorer that came with the Tab) and it shows up as usbDriveA. In Astro File Manager it shows up as MyFiles 3. I can't get it to show up at all in ES File Explorer.

You don't need to install a driver, but what are you trying to use it for? It works for flash drives and card readers but it won't work on an external hard drive.
NoName is offline   Reply With Quote