View Single Post
Old 11-20-2012, 09:47 AM   #872
Manfor
Manfor began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle K5 5.0.0 Touch
Arrow Debricked one

Thanx to you guys another helpless Kindle was saved.

Here is how i did it. Yes i know that it is strange method but it worked. I couldn't find anyone with similar problem as mine.

My girlfriend's Kindle stopped working for no obvious reason. After downloading daily news (and reading them) she put her reader back into her purse. Few hours later when she pull it out it showed only white screen and didn't react to restart by holding down power button for few seconds. Note that it was fully charged that morning.

My first guess was that it got into some mysterious software thingy (endless cycle of operations or something) and that way it discharged.

So I tried to charge it with wall charger. When i connected it to charger yellow light came up and it looked like it is charging. After 15 minutes yellow light shut down. I repeated it endlessly even tried to charge it by concecting it every 15 mins again. It shut down every time i tried. Reseting by power button still did nothing.

Secondly i tried to connect it to my pc (holding power button still did nothing even when connected via usb to pc). In Device manager it showed up Mass storage device but when i opened "My computer" nothing was there. Yellow charging indicator was shining and after 15 mins it disconnected itself from pc and the light shut. I tried to reconnect but the exact same thing happened.

My next step was to use Simple debricking guide for noobs from this forum. I downloaded all files and copied drivers to my Win (Kindle fatboot.inf to WINDOWS/system32/drivers). I connected Kindle to PC held button power for few seconds when the yellow light shut i pressed home after that i released power and finally i released home. New HID device appeared in my Device manager. Using MfgTool i set up Kindle Fastboot mode. After successful operation in mfg kindle was detected as Kinlde-fastboot device. After few seconds it disconnected itself and the mass storage device was connected again. After 15 mins Mass storage disconnected again leaving me helpless. That way the guide was useless to me.

I was in the end with logics so i tried to load Kindle Fastboot mode several times and it always instantly disconnected itself again. I even tried to load other modes (kindle main and diags) with the same result.

After one day (i really had to sleep) i tried loading Kindle fastboot again this time the reader was connected for 10 seconds longer as Kindle-fatboot In "Device manager". After few hundreds tries to reset by button or to load one of three modes in MfgTool (not kidding about number) the damned thing blinked with display and showed image of loading battery (it wasn't the typical one when connected to pc).

After while of charging (And me kinda praying) it disconnected itself again. I used MfgTool to set it up to Kindle Main and Kindle was running again. I was excited until i noticed it runs as usual but it's not charging (altrough connected to pc). I left it connected to wall charger (still looked like not charging) overnight. Today it is fully charged and operational. Still don't know how i did it or what was wrong.

So if your Kindle Touch (this one was 5.0.0) shows white screen and it doesn't react to reset by holding power and it is even not charging try this.

(feel free to edit and make my terrible english read-able)
once again thank you guys
Manfor is offline   Reply With Quote