View Single Post
Old 09-14-2012, 12:36 PM   #1
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
Can I use custom xhtml tags in Sigil?

I'd like to edit a Kindle dictionary source file with Sigil. The problem is that Amazon still uses the old MobiPocket custom HTML tags to define dictionary entries. For example, a minimal dictionary entry would look like this.

Code:
<idx:entry>
	<idx:orth>Fahrvergnügen</idx:orth><br /> 
	driving enjoyment (n)
</idx:entry>
The problem is that if I add a dictionary .html file to a Sigil project all non-standard tags will be deleted. If I define them as custom tags in the style section of the header, they'll be converted to div's with the tag name as the class.
Is there anything I could do to make Sigil ignore these tags other than commenting them out?

(I know that xhtml custom tags are frowned upon and that the file wouldn't validate; I'm just wondering if I could use Sigil to edit the Kindle dictionary source files, because it would, for example, allow me to automatically generate the .ncx file.)
Doitsu is offline   Reply With Quote