View Single Post
Old 06-08-2012, 04:27 PM   #16
John A. A. Logan
Connoisseur
John A. A. Logan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John A. A. Logan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John A. A. Logan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John A. A. Logan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John A. A. Logan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John A. A. Logan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John A. A. Logan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John A. A. Logan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John A. A. Logan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John A. A. Logan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John A. A. Logan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
19th five-star review of The Survival of Thomas Ford up now on Amazon US:

5.0 out of 5 stars Gripping, intense, beautifully written and scary as you-know-what, 3 Jun 2012
By Joni L. Rodgers (Houston) - See all my reviews
(REAL NAME) This review is from: The Survival of Thomas Ford (Kindle Edition)
We all know that cruelty and greed of this caliber exist in the world; we hope we never end up on a collision course with it. We'd like to think that we know how we would respond when our own sense of right and wrong is in the crucible, but every once in a while, a book comes along to remind us that, no, we don't.

The plot unfolds with intense Stephen King style storytelling, but there's something very Cormac McCarthy about the portrayal of Ford, McCallum and Ferguson. The story is about good and evil, damnation and redemption. The author won me over with his fine craftsmanship in the opening pages, and once I was hooked, I couldn't look away, even though I'm not usually a big reader of books that take me to the darkest side of human behavior. A car crash is such a credible, instantly relatable way to slam characters together, and everything that comes after is almost inevitable, given the nature of people in general and these entirely believable characters in particular.

I've recommended this book many times since I read it, and (perhaps the highest praise) had a horrible nightmare inspired by it weeks after I'd stared with dry eyeballs at the final paragraphs.

http://www.amazon.com/The-Survival-T...pr_product_top

And 30 five-star reviews now on Amazon Uk!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/The-Survival...9183486&sr=8-1

Last edited by John A. A. Logan; 06-08-2012 at 04:31 PM.
John A. A. Logan is offline   Reply With Quote