View Single Post
Old 03-12-2012, 06:45 PM   #29
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by jttraverse View Post
I've just been wondering why Amazon would bother stripping out and delivering a user just one or the other rather than just giving them the newer combined Mobi/KF8...especially on books that are pretty small size to begin with.
-JT
I think it's mostly because of potential 3G delivery charges... keep that delivery size as small as possible and they won't have angry authors complaining about half of the proceeds from their book being used up with wireless delivery charges. Charges for data that some devices can't even use. Plus eventually, I simply expect MOBI to go away. But in the meantime (and I believe the meantime will be a long time), they have all kinds of options open to them: deliver one, deliver the other, deliver both. The KF8 phase has only begun and they have processes in place to tailor the experience based on the device/app that's doing the downloading.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote