Thread: Content Time for price drop
View Single Post
Old 08-31-2010, 04:02 PM   #5
TomF
Kindle Enthusiast
TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Kindle 3G Graphite, Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfCrash View Post
Once you have selected select to move to the Kindle of your choice all you have to do is turn on whispernet or the WiFi and you are good to go.

I have no idea how the K4PC transfer works. I have moved many a book into my K4PC account but I have not downloaded a book to the K4PC account first and then moved it to my Kindle. I would assume that a book on your K4PC account would be in the archive and can be moved like any archived book.
Just to clarify, Amazon is referring to the method of transferring documents via both 3G and Wi-Fi as Whispernet. Prior to the introduction of Wi-Fi on the K3 it referred just to the method of delivering documents via 3G, since that's all there was. Now Wi-Fi is also Whispernet.

If you download books using K4PC and copy those books from your "My Kindle Content" folder via USB to the documents folder on your Kindle they will not be readable on the Kindle because each device has it's own unique PID. This prevents documents downloaded from Amazon on one device from being read on another device. Likewise, if you backed up your books to your hard drive from one Kindle, you can't transfer those books to another Kindle and have them be readable.
TomF is offline   Reply With Quote