View Single Post
Old 10-30-2009, 03:33 AM   #5
mores
Guru
mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.

Device: iPhone
I am about 73.73% through ... they're currently retrofitting the freighter with a Silver Drive.

I really enjoy this book. It's really hard to put down, and I have decided to leave the TV off and read, which only happens with good books (My cookery programs are quite important ... they give me inspiration for dinner). I actually felt blood rush in my ears when that no-good president decided to annex Verdant and authorized assasionations. Whoa, man!!

So far, Steve, excellent job!

Now, the nagging: Some of the writing needs to be ironed out. It happens on a regular basis that you repeat words in a paragraph - sometimes even right in the next sentence.
The only thing that irks me with the characters is that they're so perfect, at least the protagonists.
Also, why are all the women in your future visions sluts? I mean, they're all willing to sleep with just about anybody.

But overall, even though I'm not finished yet, I must admit this is your best book yet. Even if I like the characters in Lambs Hide, Tigers Seek more due to their normalness, Verdant Skies just grabs you almost from page one and doesn't let you go.

Hope the last quarter won't let me down

Last edited by mores; 10-30-2009 at 04:07 AM.
mores is offline   Reply With Quote