View Single Post
Old 06-29-2013, 02:14 PM   #17008
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
I'm currently reading "Dragonne's Eg" by Mary Brown. This is one I bought in Jan 2000, and is part of my ongoing quest to catch up on all my old Baen Webscription purchases.

"Dragonne's Eg" is a fantasy set in Victorian times. A genteel but impoverished English schoolteacher is surprised to find that her uncle, a famous archaeologist, has left his house to her in his will, on the condition that she undertakes a quest to return a strange artifact, rumoured to be a dragon's egg, to its place of origin.

About a quarter of the way through so far, and thoroughly enjoying it.
Now finished. That was a lovely story. Thoroughly enjoyed it. I'd describe it as a modern fairy-tale.

Back to Wodehouse next with "The Gold Bat".
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote