View Single Post
Old 12-19-2010, 12:20 PM   #39
Xanthe
Plan B Is Now In Force
Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aluratek,Sony 350/T1,Pandigital,eBM 911,Nook HD/HD+,Fire HDX 7/8.9,PW2
I like the SlideMe.org application. There's a nice assortment of apk's available, and their manager checks compatability with my device so I'm less likely to try to install something that's designed for a higher Android version.

I've had to reset the PDN a couple of times so far when various gadgets I was trying out from other sites just didn't work right or seemed to cause a cascading problem. But it was painless and simple to do. I just need to better organize the apk's on my external SD card so that I clear off the ones I'm not going to install again and have my core ones easily available.

A question about apk's. When I "install" them from my external SD card, I'm not quite sure of what is happening. Is a program being loaded onto my internal SD card, or is a pointer just being added so the the PDN looks to the external SD card to run the apk from there? Is the apk file akin to a setup file or an .exe file?

Perhaps after Christmas I might play around with the Cruz UI. Right now, I don't have the available time to allow myself to get lost in playing with the PDN. Tree to finish decorating, Christmas cards to still send out, cookies to bake, shopping to finish, presents to wrap - lol.
Xanthe is offline   Reply With Quote