View Single Post
Old 11-23-2012, 05:29 PM   #118
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Oasis 2, PW3, PW1, KT
Quote:
Originally Posted by tompe View Post
Eh, I have already clearly stated that I think the article is wrong but it is not for the reason that just reading text is the the thing that is essential. The reason is that reading ebooks also have a lot of extra components that you get from for example usage of web sites for readers and so on.
I see. So you are saying that reading is more than consuming text. Agreed. And you don't like in the article how paper-books are the only way to read. You say reading electronically is different though - with extra components. Do you think, in your opinion, that ereading is at least equal to preading, or potentially so, but that it can be an enhancement? Or do you think that p and e overlap, but are essentially different? Don't quite understand that from your responses. It is not completely clear if you prefer one over the other, or if you just disagree on why the article gets wrongly bashed? Maybe you agree with the article, that codex reading is better, but you don't agree on the reasons given?

Just trying to understand your point of view.
DuckieTigger is offline   Reply With Quote