View Single Post
Old 10-24-2009, 12:03 PM   #10
mores
Guru
mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.

Device: iPhone
All in all it was a fun read. I enjoyed the characters, the setting, the science and the whole idea. It's okay to "kill off" some of the characters, makes the book a bit more realistic, not too "pie in the skie".

But what I really didn't like was the esoteric ending. In fact, once we reach the year 2030 the whole story just somehow fades away. It's being told a lot faster and with a lot less detail than the "now" part - one could think, the author just wanted to wrap things up. The action scene is pretty much the only thing that keeps the story going, the rest is just ... "now where to I put 'the end'?".

I give it a 7, mainly for the first 2/3rds of the book as well as the original idea.

Another problem I have is: I forget things quite quickly. I can remember dialogue and repeat it word for word at times, then sometimes I go into the kitchen to fetch something and once I get there I forgot what it was.
So I can't actually say, what I thought of the writing style. But I remember feeling something - could it be that it was "bumpy" from time to time?
mores is offline   Reply With Quote