View Single Post
Old 10-24-2009, 07:53 AM   #3
Sparrow
Wizard
Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm TX, CyBook Gen3
I thought it was an ok read. There were some interesting concepts; but I didn't find the characters particularly engaging, and there were some plot points that I couldn't resolve (maybe I missed some things).
One was why only humans were affected, and not other species. There were a few mystical references to 'human consciousness', but I wasn't convinced.
Another issue I had was the 'failure' of various machines to record what happened during the 'flashforward' event. As I understood it, this was because recording devices captured the superposition of all possible outcomes - and the results appeared to be noise. If this was the case, then you could stick a video recorder in a Schrodinger's Cat-type experiment and see if it recorded all outcomes - proving Schrodinger right (or not as the case may be); but you can't actually do that.
Overall, 6/10.
Sparrow is offline   Reply With Quote