View Single Post
Old 01-24-2007, 07:43 AM   #15
CommanderROR
eink fanatic
CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: STAReBOOK, iRex Iliad, Sony 505, Kindle 2
@jaed

The STAReBOOK does not support PDF, what I saidis that it takes about the sma eamount of time to create a PDF file (from whatever source) for the Iliad as it takes to create a .stk file for the STAReBOOK. The .stk creation is probaby a bit faster since there a no options to set at the moment, but that also means the results are quite often rather ugly.

@mill0r

The contrast is pretty much identical on both devices, I think the different frame-color makes the difference here. The Iliad has a black fram so the screen looks whiter, the STAReBOOK has a white frame so the screen looks more grey.

I can do a comic test if you like (and if the cames still works...it was about to give up yesterday...) and try the page-turning parallel, but I won't even attempt to do a quality-control zoom...there is absolutely no sense in doing that since the camera image-quality is so disgusting...

If you send me a nice comic file (PDF for the Iliad, formatted to 12x15cm) and .jpg files in 800x600 resolution for the STAReBOOK (or you can make a comic-stk with the eRead software if you like) then I'll gladly try it out for you.

Just attach the files to your next post and i'll download them or send them to Roland.Rohde@mobileread.com

@kacir
I agree about the boot-times. However, since the STAReBOOK does not need to be turned off to preserve power, I don't reboot it. It has been running without pause (apart from the restart fro the video) and no recharging has been done for 2 Days now with lots of playing around as well, and the battery is still almost full although I did not even "train" the battery yet, so it should not have full capacity yet.
CommanderROR is offline   Reply With Quote