View Single Post
Old 12-14-2014, 08:06 AM   #2
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by guerrilla View Post
Has anyone figured out anything yet about what kind of information on our reading habits our kindle shares with amazon and how?
This is really bothering me. I mean, the folks at amazon obviously know which ebooks I buy from them. Yet I'm not that confortable with them knowing possibily anything I do on my Kindle, such as my reading speed or how many notes I take while reading, my bookmarks and highlights, last page read, which ebooks I sideload on my device, etc.

I guess that a jailbroken device could allow you some kind of control over these data. Is anybody working on this?
Been there, done that, own the t-shirt.

Early in the game, Amazon simply had the Kindle upload information to their system.

Now, the emphasis is on using their cloud services with everything they can think of on your Kindle.
Have you read their statement about respecting the privacy of what information you transfer to their cloud is?
There isn't one.

P.S: Amazon owns what is ranked as the worlds 16th most powerful super computer (and a lot of ones smaller).
Just in case you are wondering if they have the computer power to data-mine and correlate every bit and byte you send them (or store on their system).
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote