View Single Post
Old 03-27-2014, 12:30 PM   #294
thatworkshop
hub
thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3G, DXG, Kobo mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekmaster View Post
This is a "Work In Progress". It is gmplay 2.0 (now with sound).
This code is brilliant geekmaster!!! A question though: as you said, in K4 main the eink is from K3. Based on this, I guess it's possible to bring eink from K5 or K4 to K3, am I right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by geekmaster View Post
I have a gmplay-2.0, which plays video in one thread and "noisy rhythms" audio in another thread. On my k5, it plays perfectly, using abou 12% CPU. Of course, knowing that the K3 eink update burns CPU, I need to test it there too... EDIT: On the K3, it burns 93% CPU (mostly in the eink update call). But the video plays full speed even with synthesized sound. EDIT2: After recompiling with optimization (-O3) it now uses 82% CPU on the K3 -- a useful improvement.
And this would resolve the issue of burning CPU for playing video or anything with heavy processing involved. Eh?

P.S. Oh boy, why didn't Ehhh from the other thread share his code!!! Ahhhh... it would make it a lot easier for integrating sound!
thatworkshop is offline   Reply With Quote