View Single Post
Old 10-22-2008, 03:47 AM   #3
pthwaite
Fanatic
pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: DR1000S Sony PRS505 iPad iPhone
You can't add pages to a writepad as such. You can create a multipage writepad, or, if you have only single page pads, when you fill one page, start another writepad. The DR names all writepads you start incremetnally, eg writpad1 writepad2 etc. when you start another.
The original writepad is never changed, it just creates new each time you start one.

You can re-open an old one and continue where you left off provided you haven't merged the scribbles to a final document.

The stylus keeps up quite well with writing etc. The main trick is getting used to where the "ink" will start from where you think you have touched the screen. Due to the thickness of the screen & pen tip length, the degree of "offset" can be interesting. Largely when you come to re-start your sentance. However I do use it for brief notes & sketches.

wrt the battery life for writing, I don't know. I've never tried to write all day & I would never be that far from a power source anyway. However, the device is a bit thirsty at present and continous writing will not give the greatest life. Do read the various threads on battery life & possible wait to see what others have to say on the writing.

regards
pthwaite is offline   Reply With Quote